Saturday, September 1, 2012

New in Shop: Natural Curiosities

I love how art can transform a room by infusing color, wit, emotion, pattern and personality. I have never seen a well designed home that lacked art; it is a key component in pulling a room together. 

Since I opened Urban Dwellings Design (our shop name prior to opening Coveted Home) in 2008 I have been in love with the art collections from Natural Curiosities. I remember walking into their booth at the NYIGF on my very first buying trip for the store. My friend Court who was helping me, looked at me and said "you have to have this line". I knew he was right, I was completely struck by how elegant and beautiful yet completely unpretentious and natural their art collection was--"flawless" as we like to say. 

Over the years their vision has only gotten stronger and the collection more complex. Now almost anytime I open House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Lonny Mag, etc., I see their art on the walls of featured homes. I love what Christopher Wilcox, the founder of Natural Curiosities, says on their website: "Born from a deep love of the arts, and what art is capable of representing in culture and society life, Natural Curiosities is one of my proudest achievements. I consider it an accomplishment made possible by the love and loyalty of incredibly creative clients, both old and new, who believe in our journey and have become loyal supporters to the belief that art is not a decorative accessory, but an essential part of design and, in our case, work full of soul made by people who love what they do." How honest and beautiful, exactly like the art collections they curate.  

We just got a new assortment of pieces at Coveted Home:



The Fernando Boher collection was inspired by the concept of "Collections of a Traveled Mind".


Each has a different frame. I love their simplicity. 


Easy to display in a grouping or on their own. 


The prints are $185 each.






Their collection of Paule Marrot's textile archives has captivated me for some time. She was a Frech engraver, painter and textile artist during the 1920's-1950's.


"Doves" is mounted on linen and framed in acrylic and is $1985. 




I love the movement and color, it captivates me.




I am sure you caught this NC, Paule Marrot print on the cover of the September 2011 House Beautiful issue. The room is stunning, but that art is what really sets it off. 

Now you would think that after all this gushing over how much I love NC art I would have several pieces at home. I don't know how or why but it just so happens that I finally got my first piece a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! 


It is a small Paule Marrot piece called Midi. 


Bright and cheery it makes me happy and it looks perfect on the wall in my sunroom. 

Check out all the complete Natural Curiosities collection HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment