Wednesday, October 31, 2012

High Point, Fall 2012

I missed the furniture market in High Point, North Carolina in the spring because it happened the very same weekend we opened the new Coveted Home shop. So I had not been in an whole year...and I missed it! Going this fall was a fantastic reunion trip--I got to see many old friends, meet new ones and the product finds for the store and design clients were off the charts. Following is a small sampling of what I saw...I was there for 5 days so I am really editing the photo selection here so this post doesn't go on forever! 

Although I am not particularly looking for new lighting at the moment I found that I took a TON of photos of light fixtures-- be it lamps, chandeliers or sconces. 

 I love these dramatically scaled floor lamps by Barbara Cosgrove.


 Rad sconce from Noir. Do people still say rad? It seemed to be the perfect description for this.


 Another fixture from Noir, not sure what it is made from but I like it.


 This blown glass bubble chandelier is new from Oly. I always love the dramatic animals they have as a backdrop to the gorgeous furniture.


 I didn't take this photo so much for the lighting as for just how overall beautiful it is. 
(Oly showroom again)


 This may have been one of my favorite showrooms. The furniture line is called Central Station. It is beautifully hand crafted wood pieces that I can never get enough of. By themselves they are great, but in my opinion the real magic happened when the lighting by Notre Monde was added. And how adorable is it that this duo is dating?? (He makes the furniture, she the lighting)

 This light installation=spectacular


 This was my favorite setting at the Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams showroom. I loved everything in it and it was all new: a new coffee table and side table collection of mixed wood tones, new rug, new lamps, new sofa and chairs with a full wood frame. 


 A quick snipit from the Cisco Brothers showroom. These pink pendants caught my attention, but seriously I love everything in there. 


 And then there was this showroom. Verellen. Flawless. It is expensive stuff but my god it is made to perfection--so increadably comfortable and beautiful.


I spent nearly an entire day looking at rugs. I have a newfound love for them and am happy to say I now have many more rug sources for design projects. But this one..oh my it was a beauty. A "khotan" style rug, I just learned the term at market and found I love this style, a lot. They look vintage because of the more faded appearance. This one was made in Afganistan. 



Great center piece for a table.


 Put an orchid or succulent in these and voila, beautiful! 

The last four images are from my friends showroom, Texture. They bring in one of a kind pieces, some old some new but all very rustic with a lot of "texture" to them: ) It is all sourced by the owners, Marietta and Patrick, in Indonesia. The last three images show some of the items I bought from them. These along with some other gorgeous items will be here in the shop very very soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment